I spent a lot of my free time the last two weeks slowly piecing together my Favorite Games of 2016 post.
Obviously the GOTY list and various categories could only be done based on games I actually played and in determining which of those were my favorites I found myself thinking a lot about the games from this year that I never got around to playing.
So here are a few of the games from 2016 that I wish I had gotten the chance to play in time to consider them for my end of the year post (which can be found here if you haven’t seen it yet).
- Uncharted 4- This one is a bit of a cheat as I actually received it for Christmas but as I’ve yet to finish Uncharted 3 I’ve not even installed it yet. I’ll get to it sooner or later but it is potentially a glaring omission from my end of the year post.
- The Witness- I’m honestly not a huge fan of puzzle games but after hearing a lot of praise for The Witness I’ve been interested in taking a look at it all year long but never pulled the trigger on purchasing it.
- Grim Dawn-An isometric Acton RPG set in an apocalyptic fantasy game that I would have loved to play but it’s only on PC which puts it out of my reach.
- Planet Coaster-Another PC game that I would have loved to get my hands on this year. I don’t have a lot of experience with the theme park building genre but watching multiple videos of the game made me sad that I wouldn’t be able to try it out too.
- Mafia 3-Arguably one of the more flawed entries on this list, I really wanted to take a spin in the world and era the game was set in. While the game is supposedly a pretty by the number revenge story the framing device of a documentary recounting the events of the game and the mechanics of the game itself caught my eye and make me look forward to eventually playing it.
- Last Guardian-In one of the least original things I’ll ever write on this blog, I was a huge fan of Shadow of the Colossus back on PS2 and have eagerly awaited this game for a long, long time. I understand many aren’t happy with the game but I’ve seen enough positive stuff written that I need to try it out myself.
There were plenty of other games that I could have listed such as Abzu, Headlander, Watch Dogs 2, etc. but these six were the ones I most wanted to play but didn’t get my hands on before now.
I hope one day to knock all of them off the old bucket list of games but for now I’ll have to find contentment in knowing they are out there waiting to be played (plus I can always watch others play them online).